[Bill Ackerman - For Shaw Media]
8. Naperville Central (3-0, 8): No bumps in road yet, but upcoming schedule might provide some. Up next: at Waubonsie Valley.
7. Homewood-Flossmoor (3-0, 7): With Bolingbrook’s resurgence, this rivalry battle has its status returned. Up next: Friday vs. Bolingbrook.
6. Marist (3-0, 6): Offense really starting to click, which is a big problem for upcoming foes. Up next: Friday at Marian Central.
5. Lake Zurich (3-0, 5): Defense! Defense! Pity the offenses of the North Suburban Conference. Up next: Friday vs. Zion-Benton.
4. Phillips (3-0, 4): Expect a series of easy wins for Phillips in CPL divisional play. Up next: Saturday at Westinghouse.
3. Maine South (2-1, 3): Has anyone played a tougher schedule through four weeks? Ever? Up next: Friday at No. 18 Palatine.